The Damage Calculation process describes how the final damage dealt to an enemy is calculated. Keep in mind that this process also applies to enemies attacking players.
The damage formula can be seen as follows:
However, this formula isn't always used. If the method of dealing damage to the victim involves an Item Ability, and that ability lists an amount of Damage that it'll deal, then this formula is used:
|Ability Damage Calculator|
|Base Ability Damage|
The Crit Damage multiplier is only taken into account if the attack is a critical hit. Some item abilities also guarantee that the attack won't be a critical hit.
You can learn more about Base Ability Damage and Ability Scaling on the Ability Damage page, which includes a list of items that deal this type of damage as well as their Base Ability Damage and Ability Scaling values.
Multipliers play a critical part in the Damage Calculation process. You can find more information about this on the Damage Multipliers page, but here are some quick things to know about them:
- There are two different types of multipliers: Additive and Multiplicative.
- All percentages are converted into decimal values, so if a multiplier grants 80% more damage, then its decimal value is 0.8.
- Damage Multipliers can also be added depending on the victim and what items they have. For example, if an Enderman is attacking a Player, and that Player has an Ender Artifact, a negative Multiplicative Multiplier will be added, reducing the total multiplier amount and thus the final damage amount.
Main Article: Damage Multipliers
Similar to Multipliers, certain features in SkyBlock can modify certain stats used in this process. These stat modifications don't show up in the player's total stat amount in the SkyBlock Menu.
Stat modifiers like this aren't used everywhere, but there are some use cases. For example, take a Tarantula Chestplate. This item has an ability that grants Defense against Spiders. Because this item grants a specific amount of Defense against a specific mob type, this is the only way the bonus can be granted.
There are two important things to note about Stat Modifiers:
- Like Damage Multipliers, Stat Modifiers can also be added depending on the victim and what items they have.
- Stat Modifiers can also be in the form of a Base or Post Multiplier. These multipliers only effect the specific stat for the damager / victim, and they are not a Damage Multiplier.
There is one more factor that can have a major impact in the final damage value: Defense. Defense represents the amount of Defense a player or enemy has. The formula for calculating Defense can be seen on the Defense page.
The final defense multiplier can be seen as follows:
Let's say a player has 95% damage reduction. The final multiplier would be 1 - 95/100, or 0.05. This multiplier is then added to the final damage value. For example, if the final damage value is 1,000, the new final damage value with 95% damage reduction would be 50.
|June 11th, 2019||SkyBlock Release||Damage System Added.|
|May 31st, 2021||0.11.5||Removed the base weapon Damage bonus from the Strength stat.|