Damage is one of the most important aspects of SkyBlock when it comes to anything related to Combat. It can be thought of as either the Damage stat on a given item, or the "final damage" dealt upon attacking a mob, whether that be by hitting it or using an item ability.
Types Of Damage
There are many different types of damage that can be increased or decreased through various methods.
|Type||Information||Methods of Decreasing / Stopping||Methods of Increasing / Dealing|
|Normal||A typical melee or ranged attack from a player or enemy.||Increasing Defense||Described Below|
|Magic||A special type of attack, typically from an Item Ability.||Increasing Defense||Increasing Ability Damage, Crit Damage, Intelligence, and using stronger item abilities|
|True||A type of damage that substitutes the victim's Defense for True Defense||Increasing True Defense||Described Below|
|Fall||A type of damage that results from falling from a high distance.|| Feather Falling
|Fire / Lava||A type of damage from either standing in lava or being on fire. Deals ❂ True Damage.||Increasing ❂ True Defense
Frozen Blaze Armor
|Poison||A type of damage that results from being poisoned with the poison effect.||Vaccine Talisman||Poison Potion|
|Wither||A type of damage that results from being withered with the wither effect.||Obsidian Chestplate|
To see how damage is calculated, please refer to the Damage Calculation page, which goes very in depth into this topic.
Main Page: Damage Calculation
There are countless ways to increase your Damage output while playing SkyBlock. Below you can find some general tips to do this.
Increasing Damage Related Stats
Increasing your damage-related stats is one of the most effective ways of increasing your Damage output. These stats include:
- Damage - Represents your base damage dealt.
- Strength - Increases your damage by 1% per amount of Strength.
- Crit Chance - Represents your percent chance to deal a critical hit.
- Crit Damage - Increases your damage by 1% per amount of Crit Damage when dealing a critical hit.
- Ferocity - Indicates the amount of hits that the enemy takes per attack.
- Bonus Attack Speed - Indicates the rate of your attacks.
- Ability Damage - Indicates the increase of damage dealt by the weapon's abilities.
Note that Strength, Crit Chance, Crit Damage all have no impact on most abilities that deal damage, as the amount of damage they do is based on other factors such as Intelligence, Ability Damage, Base Ability Damage and Ability Scaling.
Every stat listed above has its own page that includes nearly every method possible to increase it. Nevertheless, here are some quick tips for increasing damage:
- Equip Pets that are designed to increase your damage
- Equip better Armor that gives more damage stats or strong Damage Multipliers
- Equip stronger Weapons or use stronger Item Abilities
- Obtain stronger Accessories and apply Reforges and Enrichments that provide more damage stats to them
- Apply upgrades to Armor, Weapons, and Accessories
- Unlock temporary or permanent upgrades, such as Century Cakes or higher Slayer levels
- If you are playing in the Catacombs, increasing your Catacombs level will increase the stats of your items. Increasing Class levels can also increase damage, depending on what class you are playing.
Damage Multipliers can also be found in the form of Enchantments, but they definitely aren't the strongest of multipliers you can find.
You can find a list of every multiplier on the Damage Multiplier page, as well as more detail on how they work.
Main Page: Damage Multipliers