|Skill XP||1,000 Combat XP|
| Spawn Location |
| Corruptable |
The Bal is a BOSS located within Khazad-dûm in the Crystal Hollows. It guards the Topaz Crystal.
The [Lv100] Bal boss is always located within Khazad-dûm, although its precise location is randomly generated for each Crystal Hollows lobby. Upon defeating it, the player may claim the Topaz Crystal.
Throughout the fight, [Lv100] Bal will drop a variety of items:
|Drop||Chance (Per Hit)|
|Flawed Ruby Gemstone||5%|
|Flawed Topaz Gemstone||5%|
|EPIC Bal Pet||0.0126%Approximately 1/7936.507936|
|LEGENDARY Bal Pet||0.0054%Approximately 1/18518.518|
When killed, [Lv100] Bal will give 1,000 Combat XP.
- The ground starts to shake and the lava bubbles...
- You cannot beat me!
- Grrrr! You won't be able to hit my Fire Bats!
- Bah! Come forth my minions! Fly above, take them out!
Upon Reaching 75% Health
- The bosses outer shell looks to be weakening!
Upon Reaching 50% Health
- Halfway there! The boss is starting to become weaker!
Upon Reaching 33% Health
- Nearly there! The boss is shaking it can't last much longer!
- The boss looks weak and tired and retreats into the lava...
- The name Bal is a reference to the Balrog from J. R. R Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Just like in Tolkien's work, it resides in Khazad-dûm.
- The Bal is the second Magma Cube to feature as a BOSS within the game, the first being the Magma Boss.
- A good way to defeat this boss quickly is through the use of the Runaan's Bow or a shortbow variant.
- The health of the Bal is merely shown as ???, but the player can read the dialogue to determine how close to death it is.
- You are not limited to one Bal Pet drop per boss: it is possible to drop multiple pets from the same Bal.
- The same piece of general dialogue can play multiple times in a row.
|July 14th, 2021||Crystal Hollows Release||Bal Added.|