|You are currently viewing a SkyBlock Version page, which contains information on what was changed with this version. This page is taken directly from the forums and may be incomplete.|
SkyBlock has now been updated to version 0.11.3. This update brings the long-awaited Master Mode for dungeons, as well as quite a good bit of Balancing changes. Please make sure you read up the entire thread, as there is a lot to take in!
For this release, Master Mode floors 1 to 5 will be available. Since Master mode isn't new floors, it won't contain any new items (for now), however, Catacomb Experience is drastically increased, as well as loot drop rate.
Quality of Life changes
Along with this update, we're introducing a small batch of Quality of Life changes.
- Removed Dungeoneering from skill level average
- The Quest Log now shows Fishing and Dungeons fairy souls
- You now get 50% of your Mana back on death
- You can now click on the forge notification to warp to the Dwarven Mines' forge area.
- From now on all current catacombs floor will grant more catacombs exp based on how many times you previously beaten that floor, up to 150% extra exp granted on floors 1 to 5, up to 100% on floor 6 and up to 50% extra on floor 7. This is not applied for Master Mode at this time.
- In the catacombs skill menu, we now show the total damage bonus for each catacombs level
Dungeons Class Balance
The first part of the balance changes is with classes themselves. We're hoping those classes will see more use after these changes.
Tank class changes
Added a new passive ability: Absorb
Now 80% of the damage players take nearby a tank will be redirected to their tanks. This change increases the usefulness of the tank class by a lot but requires the tanks to put all their eggs in a beefier basket.
On top of that, the seismic wave cooldown is now reduced from 60 seconds to 15. Do note that this means the Earth Shard and Super Heavy Armor passives will have a reduced effect on the cooldowns too.
The Tank ultimate has been changed to reduce incoming damage by 70% for 20 seconds.
Healer Class changes
Healers are now able to click any of their teammates to apply a tether between them. As long as they remain within range of their tethered teammate they will heal them for .5% of their (the healers) Health every second. And every 5 melee hits on enemy mobs will heal them both for an extra 1% of their max Health.
Healers also have a new passive ability that drops power orbs on the floor. For every enemy Healers participate in killing, there is a low chance a special orb drops on the floor.
There are 3 types of orbs and each can be picked up by any teammate for quick heal for 30% of their maximum Health, as well as a short Damage or Defense buff.
Berserker Class changes
The bloodlust passive of berserker now has an extra effect. For every hit the Berserker lands on an enemy, subsequent hits will be stronger, making berserkers much better at taking down single target enemies.
Brace yourselves, there is a lot to go through
- Last Breath: Base Damage increased to 200 (from 180)
- Last Breath: An additional 50 Crit Damage has been added
- Last Breath Ability changed to removes 10% of Defense per hit, up to 50% reduction max.
- Mosquito Bow: Base Strength increased to 151 (from 101)
- Mosquito Bow: Base Crit Damage increased to 39 (from 9)
- Valkyrie: Base Strength increased to 145 (from 120)
- Astraea: Base Damage increased to 270 (from 260)
- Astraea: Base Defense increased to 250 (from 210)
- Astraea: An additional 20 True Defense has been added
- Astraea: An additional 1 extra Defense per catacombs level has been added
- Scylla: Base Damage increased to 270 (from 260)
- Hyperion: Intelligence decreased to 350 (from 400)
- Hyperion: changed to gain 1 Damage per catacombs level (was granting 2 due to a bug)
- Wither Impact: Now correctly grants Combat EXP (finally!)
- Wither Impact/Impolosion: Radius decreased to 6 blocks (from 10)
We had discussed with players about the radius of the explosion being too small at 6. However, during testing, we found 6 was still a pretty good range and decided to go for it. We'll monitor for the next few weeks to see if it feels too small, but honestly, 10 and even 8 were still way too big.
Other Equipment Changes
- Midas Staff Base Damage decreased at 0 Coins from 16000 to 6000. However, maxed Midas Staff still scales to 32000.
- Soul Whip now changed to deal 50% of its damage on the 4th subsequent mob that it hits, and the damage is then halved for every subsequent mob hit.
- Dark Goggles / Shadow Goggles / Wither Goggles: The Ability Damage will now be additive instead of multiplicative.
- In general, this will provide a decreased damage output. Sorry, not sorry.
- Reaper Mask / Wither Relic / Silk Edge / Frozen Blaze: Rarity increased from epic to legendary.
- Tarantula Helmet: Radioactive can no longer exceed 1000 Strength and 100 Crit Damage
As a tool for fighting tarantula bosses, the tarantula helmet worked well but it was used outside of its purpose to a devastating extent in dungeons and by endgame players. This change will mostly keep the tarantula helmet as it currently is but greatly reduces its effectiveness in unintended situations.
- Skeleton Pet: Skeletal Defense (third perk) changed to a 5-second cooldown (was 15)
- Skeleton Pet: Damage dealt decreased to half
Skeleton pet is under-used and this perk, in particular, stood out. By reducing the cooldown to 1/3 of the original time and only reducing the damage by half, the overall damage gained from it is increased but more importantly, it makes the skeleton better at protecting its master and will more frequently fire at enemies.
- Tiger Pet: Base Ferocity increased to 0.25 per level, max 25 (from 10)
- Tiger Pet: Merciless Swipe nerfed to 50% more Ferocity (from 100% at legendary-epic, will be decreased to 15% for a common and 33% for an uncommon/rare)
Tiger Pet was in an overpowered position where, because it acted as an additional buff, on top of already strong ferocity items, it became better than other pets like the ender dragon or golem for damage. We want to keep it as a useful pet for early players but reduce the impact it has on endgame sets so that tiger can fulfill its purpose as a relatively affordable pet without displacing the more expensive ones.
- Lion Pet: An additional 5 Ferocity has been added as a base stat
- Lion Pet: First pounce changed to: Increased effectiveness of first strike/triple strike and combo by 100% (75% for a rare pet)
Lion pet was disappointing as a damage pet and was only used for it's first hit bonus. This should increase its viability.
- Spirit Pet: will work even when the pet isn't selected
- Spirit Pet: The Spirit Leap perk is now changed to Half-Life, which reduces the score penalty on the first death, every dungeon run.
A bug fix? No that's totally a balance change, I swear.
Currently, most bosses in the game have a "damage soft cap", meaning that after X damage, players only deal 10% of the remaining damage. We are changing this mechanic on a few Bosses:
On all of these bosses, the soft cap will be changed to multiple soft caps, ending with a hard damage cap based on their Max Health.
Any damage below 0.4% of their total Health remains the same.
Damage between 0.4% and 0.6% is reduced by 90%
Damage between 0.6% and 0.8% is reduced by 99%
Damage between 0.8% and 1% is reduced by 99.9%
Damage above 1% of their Health is reduced by 100%.
0.4% of the Health of the Superior Dragon is equal to 48,000.
Any player who deals 48,000 damage or less will deal the exact same damage to the dragon.
For any damage above 48,000, the excess damage will be reduced by 90%.
For example, a 50,000 damage hit would end up being 48,000 + (2000*90%) = 49,800 damage.
To reach the next soft cap (at 0.6%), players need to deal an extra 240,000 Damage.
To reach the next soft cap (at 0.8%), players need to deal an extra 2,400,000 Damage.
To reach the hard cap, (at 1%) players need to deal an extra 24,000,000 Damage.
So even if a player somehow managed to deal 27 million damage (we've seen this) per hits, the math would go like this:
((240,000 - 48,000) * 90%) +
((2,400,000 - 240,000) * 99%) +
((24,000,000 - 2,400,000) * 99.9%) =
120,000 damage, which is only 1% of the dragon's total Health.
It is a pretty drastic change but when it comes to public fights, where newer players and veterans are fighting together, we believe boss fights will be more exciting when everyone's damage is more reasonable. This change should still allow for skill expression and maintain veterans at the top of the damage charts while being more fun globally.
All the floors will now have their own requirements for entering based on catacombs level. On top of that, mobs' loot from each floor will require the respective catacombs levels (boss loot requirements unchanged).
- The Catacombs Entrance will require Combat 15
- Floor 1 will require Catacombs level 1
- Floor 2 will require Catacombs level 3
- Floor 3 will require Catacombs level 5
- Floor 4 will require Catacombs level 9
- Floor 5 will require Catacombs level 14
- Floor 6 will require Catacombs level 19
- Floor 7 will require Catacombs level 24
On top of that many changes are made to gear requirements and essence upgrade costs
Buckle up, there's quite a bit.
- Young Dragon Armor: Catacombs requirements lowered to 15
- Old Dragon Armor: Catacombs requirements lowered to 15
- Strong Dragon Armor: Catacombs requirements lowered to 16
- Protector Dragon Armor: Catacombs requirements lowered to 18
- Wise Dragon Armor: Catacombs requirements lowered to 18
- Unstable Dragon Armor: Catacombs requirements lowered to 15
- Holy Dragon Armor: Catacombs requirements lowered to 15
- Superior Dragon Armor: Catacombs requirements lowered to 19
- Regular Dragon armor essence costs reduced to
- Helmet: Upgrade 40 and 20/30/50/100/150 Dragon Essence per star.
- Chestplate: Upgrade 70 and 30/50/80/120/180 Dragon Essence per star.
- Leggings: Upgrade 60 and 25/40/65/110/160 Dragon Essence per star.
- Boots: Upgrade 35 and 20/30/40/90/140 Dragon Essence per star.
- Superior Dragon costs also reduce proportinonally.
- Aspect of the Dragons Catacombs requirements lowered to 17, essence cost upgrade reduced to 150 and 50/100/200/300/400 Dragon Essence per star.
- Midas' Sword Catacombs requirements lowered to 17, essence cost upgrade reduced to 100 and 25/50/75/125/200 Gold Essence per star.
- Midas Staff essence cost upgrade reduced to 100 and 50/100/150/200/250 Gold Essence per star.
- Rogue Sword Catacombs requirements lowered to 1, essence cost upgrade reduced to 5 and 5/10/15/20/25 Gold Essence per star.
- Hardened Diamond Armor Catacombs requirements lowered to 1, essence cost upgrade reduced to 10 and 5/10/15/20/25 Diamond Essence per star.
- Perfect Catacombs requirements lowered to 7/8/9/10/11/12/14/15/17/18/19/21 respectively, essence cost upgrade reduced proportionally.
- Frozen Blaze Armor Catacombs requirements lowered to 20, essence cost upgrade reduced proportionally.
- Yeti Sword Catacombs requirements lowered to 22, essence cost upgrade reduced to 100 and 100/150/200/250/300 Ice Essence per star.
- Leaping Sword Catacombs requirements lowered to 8, essence cost upgrade reduced to 20 and 5/10/15/20/25 Spider Essence per star.
- Silk-Edge Sword Catacombs requirements lowered to 13, essence cost upgrade reduced to 20 and 5/10/15/20/25 Spider Essence per star.
- Spider Boots Catacombs requirements lowered to 9, essence cost upgrade reduced to 20 and 10/15/20/25/30 Spider Essence per star.
- Tarantula Armor Catacombs requirements lowered to 16, essence cost upgrade reduced proporitionally.
- Runaan's Bow Catacombs requirements lowered to 8, essence cost upgrade reduced to 20 and 5/10/15/20/25 Spider Essence per star.
- Scorpion Bow Catacombs requirements lowered to 10, essence cost upgrade reduced to 20 and 10/15/20/25/30 Spider Essence per star.
- Mosquito Bow Catacombs requirements lowered to 13, essence cost upgrade reduced to 30 and 15/25/35/45/60 Spider Essence per star.
- Revenant Falchion Catacombs requirements lowered to 22, essence cost upgrade reduced to 500 and 200/400/600/800/1000 Undead Essence per star.
- Axe of the Shredded Catacombs requirements lowered to 25, essence cost upgrade reduced to 500 and 200/400/600/800/1000 Undead Essence per star.
- Pigman Sword Catacombs requirements lowered to 18, essence cost upgrade reduced to 500 and 200/400/600/800/1000 Undead Essence per star.
- Crystallized Heart Catacombs requirements lowered to 8, essence cost upgrade reduced to 100 and 30/45/60/75/90 Undead Essence per star.
- Revived Heart Catacombs requirements lowered to 15, essence cost upgrade reduced to 100 and 30/45/60/75/90 Undead Essence per star.
- Reaper Mask Catacombs requirements lowered to 24, essence cost upgrade reduced to 500 and 200/400/600/800/1000 Undead Essence per star.
- Reaper Scythe Catacombs requirements lowered to 20, essence cost upgrade reduced to 200 and 100/300/500/700/900 Undead Essence per star.
- Soul Whip Catacombs requirements lowered to 23, essence cost upgrade reduced to 200 and 200/300/400/500/600 Wither Essence per star.
Wasn't that fun to read?
General Changes and Bug Fixes
Got a few more things to through here. We're almost done!
- Lifesteal: now heals 0.5% of maximum Health per hit per level (instead of being based on damage)
- Lifesteal: now heals 0.2% of maximum Health per hit per 100 Crit Damage and an additional 0.1% per tier.
- Ferocity hits will no longer trigger lifesteal/syphon.
Those changes will very significantly nerf healing in the game. We had a few testing sessions in high dungeon floors to see the impact and players were still able to clear the floors with relative ease, but we will monitor the impact of those changes after release.
Making healing scale based on the damage of the players was a design mistake since players hit way harder than the amount of health they have themselves, and this change should have a positive balancing impact. Healers rejoice!
- All slayer bosses and minibosses damages have been decreased
- All mobs during the Diana event have been decreased
- A few fishing bosses have been decreased
We're aware that the old Lifesteal was essential to some strategies, specifically for slayer bosses. We've lowered the damage done by enemies and bosses in those situations to account for the changes. We have statistics from before and will be tracking after the patch to find out if players are doing okay against these bosses, and if we feel like players are having more difficulty than before, we'll adjust them accordingly.
- Fix a bug where you could party warp players into a dungeon even if they don't meet the combat requirement
- Fixed a rare case where you could "complete" a class milestone without having the requirements for it.
If you don't meet the class milestone requirements, the bonus should no longer be "activated" and used up.
- Mana above maximum Mana will be removed
- Wither Cloak sword will be disabled when switching armor sets
- Wither Cloak sword ability will no longer deal damage
- Withermancer Skulls now only exist for a maximum of 10 seconds
- Rabbit Hat jump boost will no longer work on Floor 7 of the Catacombs
- Lesser Orb of Healer will now work in dungeons
- Removing some AFK methods (only on public islands) NOTE: we said some, not all. No rioting, please.
- Fixed powder gain from Mithril Golem, Sky Mall, and Mining Pumpkins
- Spirit Mask ability will now work in dungeons
- Fel Sword now actually works. For real.
- Class milestones will be removed from the catacombs entrance
- Fixed a couple of catacombs rooms issues
- Removed Jerrobrine
That's everything for this patch. That was a lot of reading (or typing if you're me).
@Relenter - Dungeon Class changes
@aPunch - Many Balance changes
@william - Quality of Life changes
@Nitroholic_ - Master Mode and a few balance changes
@Sylent, @Bloozing, @RapidTheNerd, @Cham, @Citria, @Magicboys (QA Team) and HPC and a few nerds - Testing/QA
@sfarnham, @xHascox, @Jayavarmen, and @Donpireso - Game Design Team / Production
Remember that this list is not exhaustive. Developers on these lists are often working on multiple projects.