Block Strength is a System that determines how fast a block can break.
Block Breaking Speed
The amount of in-game ticks required to break a block is a complex process:
For most blocks the following formula occurs: When not on the ground, or submerged in water: When Precision Mining is active:
- SkyBlock runs at 20 ticks per second so a final ticks time of 4 ticks means that it will take the player 0.2 seconds to mine the block.
- The final amount of ticks required is rounded up/down to the nearest integer.
- To Insta Mine a block you will need the Final Ticks to be less than 0.5 because then it will be rounded down to 0.
- To instantly mine any block the player will need (60 times Block Strength + 1) Mining Speed
- For Hard Stone, Cobblestone, Stone and Stone Bricks the formula above is still in effect however once the player reaches 30x the Block Strength as Mining Speed the player will be able to instantly mine the block.
|Block||Block Strength||Required Mining Speed to Insta-Mine|
The Block Strength of certain blocks can change based on a few factors:
- If the block is a custom block (see below) than that block strength will be used:
- If the block isn't a custom block, but can break faster with a pickaxe and the tool you are using has Mining Speed then use the vanilla value multiplied by 10.
For Example: when mining Endstone which has a Block Strength of 3 by default with a Gemstone Gauntlet (has Mining Speed as a stat) the Block Strength of Endstone will multiply by 10 => 10 * 3 = 30, the Mining Speed needed to insta mine will be: 1801, instead of the assumed 181.
List of vanilla blocks affected by a pickaxe:
|Vanilla Block||Block Strength||Required Mining Speed to Insta-Mine|
- If the block isn't a custom block and can't be broken faster with a pickaxe, or the tool you are using does not have Mining Speed then the vanilla value and calculation will be used.
For Example: when mining Glowstone which has a vanilla Block Strength value of 0.3 with a Gemstone Gauntlet (has Mining Speed as a stat). Since Glowstone can't normally be mined faster with a pickaxe the Block Strength will stay at 0.3 and the vanilla breaking speed calculation occurs.
List of vanilla blocks not affected by a pickaxe or Mining Speed:
|Vanilla Block||Way to Increase Speed|
|Red Sand||Efficiency/Shovel/Haste effect|