|Skill XP||1,000 Combat XP|
| Spawn Location |
| Corruptable |
The [Lv100] Bal boss is always located within Khazad-dûm, although its precise location is randomly generated for each Crystal Hollows lobby. Upon defeating it, the player may claim the Topaz Crystal.
[Lv100] Bal spawns from the middle of Khazad-dûm, starting off as a small magma cube and quickly expanding into a massive size.
Once fully grown, the [Lv100] Bal will attack the closest player, shooting fireballs at them and dealing damage and knockback to the player.
The [Lv100] Bal has 200 Health, and takes 1 health of damage per hit, regardless of which weapon is used.
Upon being defeated, [Lv100] Bal shall teleport back to the center of the room where it spawned, slowly decreasing in size until vanishing. The player is then free to claim the Topaz Crystal.
Throughout the fight, [Lv100] Bal will drop a variety of items:
|Drop||Chance (Per Hit)|
|Flawed Ruby Gemstone||5%|
|Flawed Topaz Gemstone||5%|
|EPIC Bal Pet||0.0126%Approximately 1/7936.507936|
|LEGENDARY Bal Pet||0.0054%Approximately 1/18518.518|
When killed, [Lv100] Bal will give 1,000 Combat XP.
|[BOSS] Bal: You cannot beat me!||ⓇA random set of dialogue is chosen. No Conditions|
|[BOSS] Bal: Grrrr! You won't be able to hit my Fire Bats!|
|[BOSS] Bal: Bah! Come forth my minions! Fly above, take them out!|
|[BOSS] Bal: AGGHHHHHHHHHHH!||Bal Defeated|
|The ground starts to shake and the lava bubbles...||Bal Spawn|
|The bosses outer shell looks to be weakening!||Reaches 75% Health|
|Halfway there! The boss is starting to become weaker!||Reaches 50% Health|
|Nearly there! The boss is shaking it can't last much longer!||Reaches 33% Health|
|The boss looks weak and tired and retreats into the lava...||Bal Defeated|
- The name Bal is a reference to the Balrog from J. R. R Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Just like in Tolkien's work, it resides in Khazad-dûm.
- The Bal is the second Magma Cube to feature as a BOSS within the game, the first being the Magma Boss.
- A good way to defeat this boss quickly is through the use of the Runaan's Bow or a shortbow variant.
- The health of the Bal is merely shown as ???, but the player can read the dialogue to determine how close to death it is.
- You are not limited to one Bal Pet drop per boss: it is possible to drop multiple pets from the same Bal.
- The same piece of general dialogue can play multiple times in a row.
|July 14th, 2021||Crystal Hollows Release||Bal Added.|